About saline mixture for new piercings:
Many body piercers recommend saline mix to clean your new piercing. this is also the perfect way to care for your piercing. however, the mixing ratio is typically true, as many are simply told that it should be a boiled cup of water and a teaspoon or half a teaspoon of salt. this will typically not give a mixture of 0.9% of salt in mixture as one person may have large teaspoons and the other has small and cup size there are ose differences with us. we tried for fun with 10 cups and teaspoons where none of the target ratio would hit 0.9% all the same came put over 0.9% the closest we got was at 3.5%.
What you need for your salt water mixture:
- Sea salt
- Distilled water
- Gaze waps
- Sea salt
Homemade 0.9% salt water:
- Take a clean pot.
- Boil 250 ml / 2.5 dl distilled water.
- Add 2.25 grams of sea salt.
- Let it cook for 1-2 minutes so that the salt is dissolved.
- Then let the salt water cool until it is lukewarm Before use.
** Salt water mixture should be made once after it has been made, for the next cleaning a new round must be made.
Quick guide to using the saline mixture:
- Then take 2 pieces of gauze and tie them in the salt water mixture.
- Then apply the first piece of gauze on the piercing for 3-6 minutes, until all the dried wound fluid has dissolved.
- Then rinse with clean water.
- Then apply the second piece of gauze and dry / dab gently after.
- Take a dry gauze and deep the pierced area until it is dry.
- Always wash your hands before cleaning your piercing.
Patience and care in caring for your piercing.